I have already talked about how I never liked broccoli before and then I started trying it out! I have tried so many broccoli recipes but not written enough for the blog :). Oh I forgot to mention, broccoli is also one of the easiest and fastest veggies you can cook up along with being really healthy! Anyway yesterday I really wanted a quick and easy side, faithful broccoli came to my rescue. About this recipe, its yummy! Just uses a couple of ingredients to give a quick touch up to the taste of broccoli! You can whip it up in seconds and if you already love broccoli I know I don’t have to sell this recipe idea to you :P. But if you are not, then I would still say this is definitely worth trying out to give broccoli a chance! Ok even if that is not enticing, go ahead and substitute your favorite veggies! (See the idea is to love what you eat! And I understand sometimes falling in love with a veggie takes time 🙂 ) Here I have used Harissa sauce, a spicy chili paste of Mediterranean origin. That can be substituted with any chill sauce you like. Harissa is generally available at Whole Foods and other grocery stores.
- 250 grams of broccoli florets washed and cleaned
- handful of peanuts (as much or less as you prefer)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 – 2 tsp harissa sauce (you could use chill sauce as well) – adjust to spice level required
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add in the peanuts once the oil is hot. Salute till the peanuts brown a little.
- Add the broccoli, salt and harissa paste and salute well on high flame till the broccoli is half-cooked! This way the broccoli is still a little crunchy. Serve hot :). Optionally you can add in some cumin and mustard seeds along with the peanuts for tempering to make the dish more Indian!