I can’t believe I have reached 25 posts! I wanted to use this opportunity to share something different :). In all my posts I always hint a little about adopting a healthier lifestyle and then get straight to the point of the recipe. I think I am still figuring out what I want this blog to be about – I want it be more than a mere compilation of recipes.
I think being a working professional I can totally relate to not having a lot of time to lead a very organized lifestyle. I guess it is only going to get more difficult with time 🙂 It is never too late to change though right?
I started this blog so that I would take some time out of my life to think and do something beyond my routine. Cooking for the blog and reading to find out more about cooking has got me started on an amazing journey. I gave the tag line as ‘Healthy yet Tasty’ because it is so common to pass over something healthy just because we assume it won’t be half as good as something else! I also try to write a little something at the top of the recipe hoping to inspire people to make a few small changes towards a better lifestyle!
I hope you go through the blog and share your thoughts and comments! Do share the blog with others 🙂
Now onto the recipe! I had saved a really interesting dish for my 25th… ‘Cream cheese’ sandwiches :). I don’t particularly like cheese at all and so I have never tried a cream cheese sandwich myself! Anyway it has way too much fat content to feature on a weekly menu 🙂 I was thinking of ways to make a nice thick spread for sandwiches and ended up coming up with this! Read on to know more 😉
- 8 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 1/2 small tomato
- 2 tbsp dill leaves (optional)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 jalapeño (can be substituted with green chili)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Servings: 2 Sandwiches
- Take a clean cheesecloth (muslin cloth). Add the yogurt in the cloth and squeeze as much water out as possible. You can use the water in buttermilk or smoothies.
- Take the squeezed out yogurt in a mixing bowl. Gently beat it with a spoon. (You can add some salt, spice and drizzle olive oil and serve it as is with bread also)
- Chop the cucumber, onion and jalapeño finely. Deseed the tomato and chop finely. Pat all the chopped veggies dry with a paper or kitchen towel. If using dill leaves chop it finely. It gives a nice flavor to the yogurt.
- Add the veggies and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Add salt and spice to your taste. I have mentioned what I used, but you can use what is available! Add the lime juice if you want it tangy. Mix everything gently and set it aside.
- Toast your favorite bread slices. Spread this on the bread and serve immediately!