For at least the last 6 or 7 months, my Saturday breakfast has been pancakes! They are super easy to put together and really filling. Especially on weekends when breakfast is always on the verge of becoming brunch 😀 I have a pretty standard pancake recipe that I tweak to include different flavors. Check out these other healthy pancake recipes: Banana Pancakes and Mango Pancakes!
Video Recipe below:
I know I have told this before but I can’t help repeating this – being a vegetarian minus eggs person I don’t have pancakes outside! SO I end up whipping them up at home. But that is actually good because I get to skip the stuff like plain flour/maida out and opt for something healthier like whole wheat flour or oat flour. Even without the eggs, this pancake is pretty soft and fluffy. The whole wheat flour adds a wonderful flavor and when paired with some fresh fruit or honey on top – there is nothing to beat this taste! I have skipped adding any spice like nutmeg or cinnamon to this as I was out of it – but feel free to add in a pinch of spice to add some depth of flavor to the pancake!
Healthy Whole Wheat Eggless Carrot Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp sugar
- handful of raisins or chopped nuts
- 2 small carrots
- 1 cup + 1tbsp milk
- 1 tsp oil per pancake
- In a large mixing bowl, take the whole wheat flour. Add salt, baking soda and sugar and mix well.
- Peel and chop the carrots. Blend it till you get smaller chunks. Else you can even grate the carrots.
- Add raisins/nuts and carrots to the wheat flour mixture. Add milk and mix gently. Add water if required and adjust the consistency. You should be able to spoon the batter and drop it.
- Heat a non-stick skillet. Add about 2 tbsp of batter and spread gently till the pancake is about 1/8th inch thick. Add oil around the edges and let the pancake cook till bubbles form on the top.
- Gently flip the pancake and let the other side cook for about a minute. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve stacks of pancake hot with some honey and/or fresh fruit.