Most Sundays I end up with this huge dilemma about what to prepare for breakfast. Typically, most weekdays I end up having some kind of sandwich for breakfast and so I really look forward to having something different on the weekend. Something that is quick to prepare too! I don’t want to spend most of my morning just preparing breakfast 🙂 🙂 Thats when pancakes come to the rescue!
Making pancakes is the easiest thing! All you need are some basic ingredients like flour, baking powder and milk! Plus kids and adults are going to like this! Woohoo 😀 Generally, I try to not use plain flour (maida). I prefer whole wheat or oats flour. Really once you make these pancakes you wont miss the plain flour! I have used bananas to naturally add some sweetness to the pancakes. To keep this really healthy, go light on the topping! I just like to stack 2 pancakes and top them with some fresh fruit! Other options for topping are – honey or some chopped nuts!
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes (No Eggs)
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large banana
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, salt and baking powder.
- Chop the bananas finely, then mash it with the back of the spoon. In another bowl combine the banana, milk and vanilla extract.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well till there are no lumps. If needed add some more milk. (Consistency should be like pourable batter)
- Heat a non-stick skillet, Spread 1 tsp oil on it. Pour 1/4 cup batter on the skillet and spread it a little. (Dont make it too thin)
- Add 1 tsp oil and place a lid on the pan. Let it cook on the bottom side till you see the top portion cooked around the edges . Then gently flip the pancake and let it cook on the other side too. Once it is cooked on both sides, gently slide it off the pan onto a plate.
- Sprinkle little water on the pan to cool it, then repeat the process for the other pancakes.
- If you want to make the pancakes a little special add some chocolate chips into the batter